Skip to main content

Chapter 1: How to Become a Woman After God's Own Heart.

1. Choose to spend time with God.
I know for me, that its easy to get distracted by other things on your to do list.
You know, doing school work, checking your e-mail, cleaning the house, and so forth.
As a matter of fact, I recently moved  from Florida to Alabama with my family, and let me tell you, there were a lot of things on my to do list that distracted me from my time spent with God.
Weather it was unpacking boxes in my room, the kitchen, the bathroom, hanging pictures, organizing, helping my mom unpack, the list goes on! I had it in my head that I wanted to be unpacked before church on Sunday morning. It didn't take but a couple of days until I was so hurried and tired, that I began to become anxious and irritated with every thing around me.

Don't do what I did, remember to set aside time in your day for God, put Him first, don't let the world rob you of this precious time, to be spent with your Heavenly Father, the most fulfilling relationship in life.
It was amazing how much relief I felt when I put God first on my "To Do List". : )

2.Choose God's ways at every opportunity.
In all you ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.- Proverbs 3:6
Consult with God regarding your every decision, word, thought, and response.
Ask God what He would have you to do, think or say.
Not only will this give you relief, but it also will give you a peace knowing that He's in control and will take care of you. God is there to help just ask of Him: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not and it shall be given him." ~James 5:1
God's way is the best way. =)

3.Commit yourself to God daily.
We should spend time each day, learning more about God through His word, that way we know how to follow Him better. Making this Commit will bless you tremendously! However, we shouldn't just make this commitment for the blessings, but because this is our reasonable service. You should want to read His word and pray because you love Him.
"I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."~Romans 12:1

4. Lastly Cultivate a hot heart.
We are to be hot-hearted. This means that the heat of your heart and emotions reaches a high temperature.
Our heart should be filled with excitement, activity, emotion, and passion for God.
Don't be embarrassed to talk about God, read you bible, or pray because your scared of what others will think. If you have the right company
they will respect you and hopefully be hot-heart too! =)



I hope this chapter encouraged you, as much as it did me to start a journey learning how to be a Woman After God's Own heart! I'm so excited to share my thoughts with you and I hope you will share yours with me, please leave a comment. I would love to hear what you have to say!
Also, I want to just say thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Lord willing I hope to post more on this inspiring book! =)
~Lydia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Nothing Shall Take What Lives Within

My heart was really torn after what happened to the church in Sutherland Springs, Texas this past week. I just can not imagine going through something like that. Last Wednesday night, I was blessed to hear a comforting message from the pastor of Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church, Elder Tim McCool. Speaking from Revelation 6:10-11, he reminded us that Our God is a Just God, Holy and True and even though man may take this outward body NOTHING can take away what's living within it. Praise God! I n relation to all of this, I was led to write a short poem. May it be, I hope and pray, a comfort to others. Fear, doubt, and trouble, come in as a warring thunder. Where is that silver lining, beyond these dark, thick, clouds asunder? We look to what surrounds us, what is amongst, finding no line of silver, a question unconquered. Is this a hidden treasure, we must seek to find? With a sigh, we find a hidden place and a book of Holy, by our side. In past, this book had served, to