Skip to main content

February '18: A Four-Wheeled Prayer Closet

Oh February, short but sweet you are. This month seemed to fly by so quickly, (I think I say that about every month it seems) as I sit here typing out my thoughts at school with a billion other projects running through my mind, I knew I needed to take a break and "renew my mind", so to speak. ;)   "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2 is actually going to be one of my topics for what seemed to challenge me this February of the year 2018. Something that drives me crazy is how easy it is for me to take my mind off spiritual thoughts and on to worldly thoughts. It really is a constant battle. I find more and more, that how I think will effect how I act. If I am thinking on my Heavenly Father and the precious unconditional love He has and has shown through giving up His most valuable possession, than I feel first undeserving and secondly, like my life should never be about myself but rather, how can I write a thank you note to God in my actions and steps I take each day. For me This is accomplished through a deep relationship with God. That word: Depth, oh how I fail at depth, in studying His Word and depth in talking with Him in prayer. Praise God that His love is so deep and never fails."For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:38-39.

When I was 13 years old, I remember reading a book that changed my mind about prayer drastically. It was called, "A Young Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. I actually think I have an old blog post about it. I'll see if I can find it and share it below * Anyway, the book was based off of David in the bible where God called him, a man after His own heart; "And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will." -Acts 13:22.  I sadly, sometimes have to remind myself that God's not just a fantasy in my head, He is ALIVE.  One blessing I have is that I live a hour from school. haha! Yes, I said a blessing. ;) At first, I would have not called this a blessing. As a matter of fact, I would have complained about it. Yet that changed, once my car became my new prayer closet. Something in my gut always told me I should make good use of this time. It could be an hour to listen to a sermon, an hour for prayer, an hour for singing praises at the top of my lungs with out anyone becoming annoyed. But nope, I'd usually just pop that power button on the radio and head my merry way, just day dreaming or running through my school to do list in my head. Which there's nothing wrong with that it's just I found out, after I decided to start praying more that now I can't wait to hop in my car and start my day with the Lord. So now, I'm here to tell you PRAY. Pray with out ceasing!! You will be absolutely amazed at the POWER OF GOD. I have found prayer is one of the ways we can renew our minds, along with singing and meditating on scripture. David was said to be a man after God's own heart because He desired to build a deep relationship with God. Not only by communing with God but asking for spiritual guidance in life's circumstances. Of course, by all means, I do not always pray the way I should, thankfully that's where grace and mercy step in but I'm hoping and seeking to do my best. I've heard it put this way "good, better, best, never let it rest, until your good is better and your better best". So my prayer closet is on four wheels, my car! :) Of course, nothing compares to a quiet time in my room, with no distracts and a window's view of our Creator's beautiful sky! That's my #1 choice. However, in my four-wheeled pray closet, I have different options for different problems. If I'm feeling like the world's worst sinner and need to renew my mind in Chirst's joy: I'll play a church singing cd and sometimes I literally have to force myself to sing along, depending on the amount of flesh I've let take over ;) haha! BUT I am telling you, there's a reason God tells us to sing praises, it changes my heart everytime, no joke. God's just amazing like that. "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." -Psalm 100:4.

With this little bit of an introduction to my February Post of the year, I hope and pray that you'll take something from this and if you are already using your four-wheeled prayer closet than good for you!! Get ready and buckle up, ( don't know why I am now stuck on a car themed posted but..) here are some special moments in picture form from this past month. Sorry I am so late posting this one, March post will be here before I know it! :) Hope you enjoy them and oh! Here's my favorite piece of scripture I recently discovered and also a song that inspired me this month. Maybe you can listen to it in your four-wheeled prayer closet. :)

1 Samuel 12:24: Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.
Remember, God's Love NEVER fails. :) <3








   







Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your never failing love. 
Help us to trust that this is true and to love just like you do.
 May we live like love never fails.
In Christ love, we are able to pray,
Amen. <3



Guess who came to visit!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 :)!!!!!
It's my lil Kendra! <3


I like to call him grand pappy now, but I don't recommend you do that. ;)


Exactly how I felt during mid-terms, Kendra. ;) 


Something huge that happened this month, I was blessed to attend a Tabata intructor's bootcamp, I am now certified and hopefully after finishing at Shelton State I plan to really put this into use!! Tabata  is very challenging as a workout but I think that's why I like it so much! 
Thanks Michelle!! :)



My Tabata classmate, Shelton classmate and also one of my instructors from Shelton. 
Tyler and Mrs. Green!


Sacred Harp: Something new for this month was learning how to read sacred harp music.
With Mrs. Zilpha Cornett. I think I'm getting it. ;)  



Frutta Bowls in Downtown Tuscaloosa with some friends! Love this place!!




SPRING IS IN THE AIR.








Thanks for reading. Here's a February sunset for you! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Day 8: A picture that makes you laugh.

So I was having trouble trying to find a picture that makes me laugh...so I thought instead I would post a video that makes me laugh. I am, I guess you could say a Youtube fan! lol! some of my favorite videos to watch on youtube are by Glozell, shes very dramatic and usually does challenges to the extreme. A very popular comedian on youtube, she has already hit about 600,000 subscribers! Here is one my favorite videos by her, its called The Cinnamon Challenge.Makes me laugh every time! With the cinnamon challenge your suppose to try to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon, only glozell tries to use a soup spoon! :P Love ya Glozell!