Skip to main content

Day 7: A picture of your most treasured item

Hello everyone,
 just want to take a minute and apologize for not blogging and keeping up with my 30 Challenge. I've just been distracted with other things and haven't had time to post anythings. Also my camera's rechargeable batteries aren't working anymore which means I won't be post pictures for awhile. :( So once again I apologize.





Anyway... I was having a-little trouble trying to figure out my most treasure Item.. But then I thought, well, the thing I should treasure the most is the word of God, the Holy Bible. I don't know how I would live without it. Its my guide book for life.
One thing that bugs me though, is that alot of teenagers don't know how important it is to read their bibles.
We are the next generation, someday we may have to stand up for the word of God but how will we do that if we don't know it!
I want to encourge all the young people out there to read your Bibles. Even if its just ten minutes, God will be pleased to see that you care and want to learn how to live a life to please Him. He will bless you! :)

Here are a few reasons why its good to read your bible:

~ The bible keeps you from bad behavior.
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:11

~The bible leads you in the right direction.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105

~The bible guides you in the truth and prepares you to serve others.
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be prefect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

~The bible sharpens your discernment and judgement.
" For the word of God is quick, and powerful,and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

All of the reasons listed above are from a book I'm reading by Elizabeth George called, "A Young Woman's Guide to Making Right Choices." I defiantly recommend reading her book It has truly change the way I think and handle things.


 Read God's Word. Start anywhere. The only wrong way to read the bible is to not read it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Day 8: A picture that makes you laugh.

So I was having trouble trying to find a picture that makes me laugh...so I thought instead I would post a video that makes me laugh. I am, I guess you could say a Youtube fan! lol! some of my favorite videos to watch on youtube are by Glozell, shes very dramatic and usually does challenges to the extreme. A very popular comedian on youtube, she has already hit about 600,000 subscribers! Here is one my favorite videos by her, its called The Cinnamon Challenge.Makes me laugh every time! With the cinnamon challenge your suppose to try to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon, only glozell tries to use a soup spoon! :P Love ya Glozell!