Skip to main content

A Daily Christian Checklist.




~ Start each day with God. Spend time in God's Word.
"Either sin will keep you from this book, or this book will keep you from sin."

~Always include prayer. Pray for yourself, your day, your family members, your attitude, your friends, and your walk with God.

~Act like a child of God. This includes how you dress and talk. Also how you treat your family.

~Choose your friends carefully. In the word of George Washington, "It is better to be alone than in bad company."

~Do all things to the glory of God. This includes school work and activities.

~Keep a cool, clear head when it comes to dating. Don't be afraid to wait to date, to say no, to hold out for the right kind of person, and to involve your parents.


The Checklist above is from a book I have mentioned before called "A Young Woman's Guide to Making Right Choices by Elizabeth George."
 This book has truly inspired me to honor God by making better choices in my clothes, friend..ects. I hope the Checklist helps you as much as it has me.
                                                                                             ~Lydia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Finding Gold

So recently I stumbled across an interesting blogger's post on 20 questions you could ask yourself and or an older sister in Christ to find treasures and spiritual inspiration. So being stumped on a topic, I decided to search out a Q&A and this one really stirred my thoughts. Also, sitting here on my couch because I'm suppose to rest after wisdom teeth extraction, is driving me a little nuts. Haha! I LOVE being active and it's only been a day after surgery and I'm already planning my get back in routine diet and workout plan. ;) Any who, let's jump in! I encourage you to ask some of these questions to yourself, friends, family members, church family, and anyone you're close to. Some are good ice breakers and I think important questions and topics to talk about. 1. What is your salvation story? Well if you're asking when I was saved, than you'll have to look back about 2,000 years ago, to Jesus taking my sins to the cross and dying there to s