Skip to main content

A New Year and New Adventures. Welcome 2018!

So what's your new year's resolution? I was asked this a few times during the last few days of 2017. I'm such a list maker that normally in the past, I would have given some great answers. Haha! This past year though, I've realized I may make a long list of things I want to accomplish or finish this new year but that list is susceptible to change. This year I want to surrender all those plans to God first. I've made a decision, which putting a decision into action can take some work, but anyway, I've decided to take 2018 one day at a time. So cliche you may think but let me tell you, for a girl like me who plans every minute, to every hour, to every day, month, year, 5 years, IT IS SO not easy for me. You know, you think I would learn by now from growing up as a preacher's daughter, having moved about five different times to different states, churches, friends, ect. that I would realize it's just not possible to expect everything to go according as "I" planned and I think God has been trying to teach me that. Regardless though, I still try. I guess I just have these perfect ideas in my head that if things continue to progress in a certain way, than surely because of my planning and timing I've tried to put together things will happen. Forgetting God's the one in control here with the perfect plan, that He puts together. ;) Sooo with all that being said, 
My new years resolutions are, #1 remember God is in control.
This is His life He gave to me. I need to follow His plan, His way and walk beside Him every step of that way. This will ultimately be, for the child of God, the most joyous way to live anyway! #2 Comes from something one of my dear friends from college told me. I was talking with her about what her plans were for after she graduates. She said, she planned to open her own gym and health club. I began to talk with her about her plans of purchasing a building, where will the money come from and so forth (just the typical planner in me coming out). She than said something that for some reason, really shook me up, not in a bad way, just one of those, I'm almost positive God is speaking to me through this conversation, moments.
She said,

"Oh, I'm just trusting God to provide all that. I believe this is what He wants me to do to serve Him and He'll provide me the things I need to get there." After those sentences hit my ears, I almost didn't want this sweet friend of mine to know my background; A girl who has gone to church her whole life, who has heard many times the importance of trusting and having faith in God to provide what we need. Yet still, I began to question this friend's way of thinking. Bam! It was a spiritual punch in the heart, I can tell you that, and one I needed. Oh how I prayed on my way home from school that day and thanked God for first, blessing me with such a friend at school and secondly, for forgiveness on my serious lack of faith in Him. So, #2 is to grow out of my "oh ye of little faith" mind and remember God, my heavenly Father has the best, and out of this world plan!! (ha, literally) <3 
Wow again, okay so this is it! Above is my first post in the new year. Hopefully, I can look back and say yes! I was able to grow in the two areas I listed. If not, I shall try try again. So to close this long crazy post, I will share my "plan" ;) for 2018: PICTURES and lots of them. :D They say, a picture is worth a thousand words, So I've decided with prayer and dedication, I am going to take pictures each month of moments shared with friends or my favorite recipe, or an adventurous outing, just anything that brought joy and I would count as a blessing from God. I am going to take pictures and will make a blog post at the end of each month. I want to better reflect on this year because it's going to be a bitter sweet moment for me in December. I will be finishing up my life as a college student!! I can't believe it, my last year! I feel like I just graduated from high school in 2015!? Where did time go? So crazy to think about. So that's the plan, so wish me luck, I mean prayers please. ;) Thanks for reading this long crazy post and I hope you enjoy the abundance of pictures to follow!!! :) :)
Remember, find the blessings in life and stay joyful!
With love,
~Lydia Rose

This is January:

#1 Picture: "Will you be my Bridesmaid?"
oH GooDnesS. Haha! The first picture you get to see is me on a Saturday morning, wearing my favorite comfy Tim Hawkins t-shirt, no make-up, messy hair, and puffy teary eyes. No regrets here though because this picture means the world. For the month of January, I think this moment is for sure the highlight. Madison McCool, one of the sweetest, most caring people I know asked if I would be one of her bridesmaids. I was so honored and May 19th will be here before we know it!! <3
This is the whole Madison McCool Bridal party crew! Along with the Mother of the bride! After we tried our dresses on. SUCH fun!
 

So a couple of hours after I was asked to be a bridesmaid, I decided to go for a walk. The weather that day was so nice, in the 50s I think, which we hadn't had a warm day in a while. On my way back to the house I spotted this hawk! I've always wanted to get that awesome flying up close pic of a hawk! So with my awesome camera on my phone, well sorta awesome. I was able to snap these pictures! :D "On eagles wings, we shall renew our strength, we shall run, and walk, but never faint."
 -Eagles Wings hymn.
All Fired Up Pottery with my dear friend Ginny Grace. Such a kind, fun, and an honest friend! She painted the cactus and I painted the blog themed mason jar. 
Yes, mine looks like a five year old painted it, which some five year olds probably can paint better than that but hey. It's purple, with a rose and it says love. What could be better.   
Bowling with Samantha <3
Oh bowling! I love the idea of it! It's so exciting to throw a heavy ball down a lane and smash all those pins but one problem is, I only get strikes once in a blue moon. IT'S STILL SO MUCH FUN THOUGH! 

Secret about me: Something on my bucket list before I die is to slide down a bowling alley. HUMAN BOWLING BALL!! Yeah, it will never happen. but you can dream right?

 
Meet the cool awesome ladies.
 I am not included in the above profiles because I googled, how to bowl. Which was actually very helpful. Did you know the arrows down the lane actually mean something?! I got a strike. 

4sisphotography shoot
Spent an afternoon with 4sisphotographer Madison! Such great pictures. Highly recommend you check out their website if you're interested: https://4sisphotography.wixsite.com/mysite/bio

This is my super fun, friendly, sassy when we need to be friend, my diabetic buddy Ashleigh. :D We had a wonderful time being goofy.

THE PRACTICUM 



Spring Semester began and I am in my practicum!! Time to put book work into action! Ah crazy.


This is a picture I sent to my best friend Katie, not sure why I decided to include this but I do remember being super excited for color coordinated notebooks and school supplies. Not so much excited for overly priced books though, that's a college thing I will not miss.



A rough draft warm-up I wrote to teach in weight training but than the teacher decided to switch on me and I had to teach the cool-down! Haha! Had to come up with everything on the spot, let's just say I panicked but it went smoothly.


BALLET
YES. I am taking ballet this semester and people are not joking when they say it is hard. I agree it's a sport. Learning the language of this art is interesting too! Praying I'll make it to the recital in April!!

HEALTHY COOKING 199



Another course at Shelton I am taking is Healthy Cooking. At first, I thought this class would not be worth the time but I was wrong! I always look forward to this class! The food it always so delicious and I enjoy getting to just spend time with everyone.

THE FINAL DECISION 
 
The day you feel at absolute peace about your final decision in a college/career path. Believe me, I was all over the place on trying to decide on one. Should I attend the University of Alabama with a transfer scholarship to pursue Public Health? Or should I go to PT school away from home? It was a stressful time and took lots of research and prayer. Till I came to the conclusion that, I should just stick with what I started; an associates in wellness/fitness management and a certificate for wellness instructing. Bless my mom's heart for all she counseled me through. I was flip-flopping my decisions so much! Praise God that's over with! :)
Can't leave the month of January without a picture of one of the many beautiful winter sunsets! :)
"Take this girl to see a sunset or sunrise and you have my heart."
LASTLY, SNOW.
Oh and lastly, this beautiful stuff right here got me out of school for a week!! :D
Thanks for scrolling all the way through these pictures that probably don't excite you as much as they do me. I hope you enjoyed looking at them and reading through my grammatically incorrect paragraphs. It's just who I am. Have a wonderful February! God bless! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Finding Gold

So recently I stumbled across an interesting blogger's post on 20 questions you could ask yourself and or an older sister in Christ to find treasures and spiritual inspiration. So being stumped on a topic, I decided to search out a Q&A and this one really stirred my thoughts. Also, sitting here on my couch because I'm suppose to rest after wisdom teeth extraction, is driving me a little nuts. Haha! I LOVE being active and it's only been a day after surgery and I'm already planning my get back in routine diet and workout plan. ;) Any who, let's jump in! I encourage you to ask some of these questions to yourself, friends, family members, church family, and anyone you're close to. Some are good ice breakers and I think important questions and topics to talk about. 1. What is your salvation story? Well if you're asking when I was saved, than you'll have to look back about 2,000 years ago, to Jesus taking my sins to the cross and dying there to s