Skip to main content

Twenty-One. An Official Adult.


    September 3rd, I turned 21! Ah! How crazy time flies. I am super excited to do a blog entry. Each month, I like to look back on journal entries and read my devotional notes and see God's working hand in my life. For this past month of August, I've decided to count the blessings along with it. Asking myself, where in my notes can I read and say, "thank you Lord, for guiding me." One of my favorite quotes is this, "It's not joy that makes us grateful, it's gratitude that makes us joyful." I love the truth behind this; A heart of gratitude and praise for all the Lord has done and does for us, I am finding more and more brings such joy and contentment in this life, even through hard situations that we may not understand. So as a way to reflect and a place for me to look back on, I am going to share a few bits and pieces of my daily devotional entries here with you. Along with a few pictures from my adventurous birthday outing with my mom, sister, and cousin.

Photo Credits to my beautiful cousin, Aiden and sweet sister, Chloe :)

 Before I list a few entries, I want to say that my studies are never in one spot it seems. No matter how many times I try to start a reading plan through the bible, I always end up jumping around to different scriptures or reading about the life of an individual in the bible. Not to say there is a right or wrong way, because I need to finish my reading plan! Haha! However, I think it is important to follow the leading of the Lord's Spirit. That is why praying before reading your bible is very helpful. I like to think of it this way, I'm asking God for help with something in my life, and in my hand's is His spoken answers. The bible is His love letter to us and truly a "How To Manual" for a Christian's life.


8/11/17
Don't lose sight of the big picture:
I AM HERE TO GLORIFY GOD.
"If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." -1 Peter 4:11

8/13/17
"The sword of the Lord and Gideon!" -Judges 7
"My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways."-Isaiah 55:8
The bible constantly shows us circumstances that seem impossible to fix in man's eyes but the Lord always delivers in a "impossible in man's eyes" way! Giving Him all the more glory and honor that He desires!

8/18/17
Give to the needy and poor, don't become lazy and idle with the gifts and knowledge of grace the Lord has given you;
"Behold, this was the inequity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the needy and poor."
-Ezekiel 16:49 

8/20/17
"Memory fails, but Christ doesn't."
"And there sins and inequities will I remember no more."- Hebrews 10:17

8/21/17
LOVE MUST DO SOMETHING. 
Love, if we keep it active on purpose as we do things for others, we can keep from being selfish, idle, and unfruitful.
 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth."
-1 John 3:16-18

8/26/17
"God calls us to be faithful not successful."
You will never regret any time spent on your relationship with the Lord, and His ministry. 
"Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?"
-Proverbs 20:6

8/27/17
Look for the blessings in life and think on eternity. Be the cheerful source of medicine for someone else. Talk of your hope in Christ.

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." -Proverbs 17:22
"Pleasant words are as sweet as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." -Proverbs 16:24



My 21st birthday was such a fun celebration, with NO alcohol involved. ;)
We decided to take a trip to one of my favorite parks in Columbus, MS. I first discovered this park in 2013, while my family and I were in transition of moving from Florida to Alabama. My dad was working a job in Alabama and renting a home in Columbus, MS (it was only about a 30 minute drive apart) while the rest of the family was packing and look for a home in Alabama. During the time of looking for houses my mom, Chloe, Abel, and I stayed a month with dad in Columbus. This time of my life was very exciting and "unknowing" I guess you could say. However, this being my fourth move, I've learned to just buckle up and enjoy the ride! God has always surprised us with what we never thought could be and I love that! It's the being patient part that usually gets us and still does sometimes. ;)
















Aiden and Chloe
Love these girls! <3






The Crew!



Coffee House On 5th! 
 

Now some brunch @ Cracker Barrel of course! 
 
I'm in heaven. Oh how I love you, candles.

   










Our brunch friend.
 My excitement for mommy taking me to cracker barrel! :D


My brunch:
  BACON. enough said.



Since my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, we decided to have this adventurous outing the day before. Truly was a birthday weekend of joyful blessings and I am thanking God for it. 
Below, is a picture of the sunset at my church on my actual birthday. Since turning 18, I've decided to take a picture of the sunset every year on my birthday. Just a weird tradition of my own. ;) I almost missed this one! 

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."
 -Colossians 3:2
Hope you enjoyed reading!
May God bless you and guide you. <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Day 8: A picture that makes you laugh.

So I was having trouble trying to find a picture that makes me laugh...so I thought instead I would post a video that makes me laugh. I am, I guess you could say a Youtube fan! lol! some of my favorite videos to watch on youtube are by Glozell, shes very dramatic and usually does challenges to the extreme. A very popular comedian on youtube, she has already hit about 600,000 subscribers! Here is one my favorite videos by her, its called The Cinnamon Challenge.Makes me laugh every time! With the cinnamon challenge your suppose to try to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon, only glozell tries to use a soup spoon! :P Love ya Glozell!