Skip to main content

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things.
The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;)
You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :) The center of this trip was to constitute their church. Many Elders came from all around to join in this sweet and exciting service! My favorite part was to watch each of them be baptized and see the joy in my dad! My dad has been helping and serving this group for few years. I've heard him speak of them often in church and at home, and I was so excited to finally meet them! The love they have for the Lord is so encouraging. Remembering that a light shines brighter in a dark place, this church is brighter than ever. I pray this church will be a light to those seeking peace in a dark world.

Bro. Buddy Abernathy (my dad) and Bro. Chris McCool (my pastor) both working hard together!

                                              Mason, John Morgan, and Austin, ready to sing!



                                                                  Sweet fellowship!



Members names: Nancy Anderson, Janyce Benson, Michael Flock, Valerie Flock, Cheryl McClellan, Terri Nelson, Cinthia Nelson, Frances Reilley, Adrienne Uselding, Michael Uselding, Austyn Uselding, Jack Young, Margo Young



 

All the elders who attended:

What a wonderful experience! God is amazing. If you have a chance, please say a prayer for Las Vegas PBC as they continue to seek a pastor. :)



After Las Vegas, we set out for California. Leaving the preachers and traveling by van with my boyfriend Austin and his family. I can't even begin to express how much fun I had with them! So blessed to have shared in their adventurous vacation.
Our first destination was Disneyland, where we would be for four days. Let's just say it was SO MUCH FUN.
 Captain Fanny-Pack behind us!! AH! :D



60th Anniversary for Disneyland!

Riding the trolley. 
       Smile and Wave Boys.                                                                          


Favorite Ride:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or California Screamin or Star Tours or OR, I just don't know. They were all so good!


 Matterhorn!












  For my horse crazy sisters! ;)
                                                It's a small world!
California Adventure Land! Very cool place!













Tower of Terror! Yes, I was terrified. ;)





Downtown Disney!











Final stop, Oceanside and San Diego, California.

A beautiful place! Seeing the Pacific Ocean for the first time was a true blessing! We all had a wonderful time soaking up the sun and diving through the waves. The best part about it was experiencing so many first.



 I think the best trips you can take, are to view the glorious creations of our heavenly Father!
 He has designed the most beautiful things, and to view and stand in awe of it, will fill you with gratitude, joy, and peace.








After being on the beach, we all became hungry and decided to eat some awesome pizza and watch a movie. :)

ZigZag Pizza!! So good!



SEAWORLD. San Diego, CA.

                                                                               








Dolphin show!












Killer Whales, such a pretty animal.




 Favorite show! Sea Lions!
It was hilarious!

                                                       Had so much fun with  Austin!

Coffee in Cali.
Our last day in California, we decided to explore and found a very hipster coffee shop. ;)

My Tuxedo Mocha. Dark and white chocolate!




 Mason and Ashleigh, such hipsters. ;)



Live, Laugh, Love. Simple quote but life is so much easier with it! :)


San Diego, CA




I really liked getting to see San Diego, such a pretty place! The weather was perfect and the sites were beautiful! I wouldn't mind living there. ;)
 

 

 


 So sweet, love these two!

 
 
                                                                                            Dinner! Fancy Sweet potato fries

 and bacon wedge salad! SO good!
  "Wanna a fast pass!!" ;D

                                                 Favorite quote of the trip!! Love them so much!




Homeward Bound!
A bitter sweet moment, we headed home.
Sad to say goodbye to all the fun but happy to go home to family! :)


The last morning of our trip, Austin and I were able to see the sun rise. Talk about beautiful!! God is amazing, and if this is just what the sun looks like shining bright, imagine what The Son will look like. Can't wait for that glorious day!




What else can I say, well actually a lot but I'll try to bring this post to a close. ;) Let's just say I loved this trip. I don't think I'll ever forget it! It was a true blessing from God. I just can't express how thankful and excited I am to see God's light shining through His people in Las Vegas, and how blessed I was to fellowship and spend time with The McCools. I'm thankful for the love in their family and the joy and laughter they have with each other! <3


Comments

  1. Hello Lydia. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. What a privilege and honor to know you thorugh your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to know about your Dad's ministry too. It must have been a heart warming experience for you to go with elderly people who were on mission to establish God's church over Las Vagas. I am blessed and feel privileged and honor to get connected with you and know you. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to he encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great conrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come or your friends to Mumbai to work with us during their vacattion time. I am sure they/ you will have a life changing expxerience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. God willing I will be in the United States in the month of September and I will be so glad to drop at your place and meet your Dad and share with him about the ministry and opportunity for young people to come and work with us during their vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lydia. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. What a privilege and honor to know you thorugh your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to know about your Dad's ministry too. It must have been a heart warming experience for you to go with elderly people who were on mission to establish God's church over Las Vagas. I am blessed and feel privileged and honor to get connected with you and know you. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to he encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great conrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come or your friends to Mumbai to work with us during their vacattion time. I am sure they/ you will have a life changing expxerience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. God willing I will be in the United States in the month of September and I will be so glad to drop at your place and meet your Dad and share with him about the ministry and opportunity for young people to come and work with us during their vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Finding Gold

So recently I stumbled across an interesting blogger's post on 20 questions you could ask yourself and or an older sister in Christ to find treasures and spiritual inspiration. So being stumped on a topic, I decided to search out a Q&A and this one really stirred my thoughts. Also, sitting here on my couch because I'm suppose to rest after wisdom teeth extraction, is driving me a little nuts. Haha! I LOVE being active and it's only been a day after surgery and I'm already planning my get back in routine diet and workout plan. ;) Any who, let's jump in! I encourage you to ask some of these questions to yourself, friends, family members, church family, and anyone you're close to. Some are good ice breakers and I think important questions and topics to talk about. 1. What is your salvation story? Well if you're asking when I was saved, than you'll have to look back about 2,000 years ago, to Jesus taking my sins to the cross and dying there to s