Skip to main content

Cloggin' Its Kinda My Thing.

Clogs. A lot of people think of a wooden pair of shoes made to wear in Ireland, but what I think of is a wonderful pair of white shoes with silver taps. Clogging shoes to be exact! I remember taking my first clogging class and being amazed at the skill and talent the "6 o'clockers" had ;) ! I'm still amazed to this day. Goodness I made it sound like it was forever ago. Lol! I started clogging with my sister Chloe about a year ago and I am SO glad I did! It has been such a blessing to meet all my fellow cloggers and to go to so many different shows with them! Not only that but to have a wonderful clogging teacher! Miss Suzanne, as we all call her, has been so kind and patient at teaching us all the different skills to clogging. Recently we had the privilege to audition for a talent search at the BAMA theatre! Although we did not win, I will forever cherish the memories. I felt like I was on America's Got Talent! It was so exciting, I get goose bumps just thinking about it. I will never forget right before we went on stage how nervous I was. Haha! It was the longest five minutes of my life. I remember saying a little prayer to God that he would give me strength and let non of us fall! :) From then on all I can remember was how excited I was!! I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to go and I can't wait till next year! Who knows maybe we'll win. :)



Check out the video of our performance: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10202671672023940


Here are a few behind the scene pictures, where we waited for 4 hours, it was worth it though. We had a blast playing cards, singing, doing hair and make-up, and of course clogging! 
                                                               


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Nothing Shall Take What Lives Within

My heart was really torn after what happened to the church in Sutherland Springs, Texas this past week. I just can not imagine going through something like that. Last Wednesday night, I was blessed to hear a comforting message from the pastor of Bethlehem Primitive Baptist Church, Elder Tim McCool. Speaking from Revelation 6:10-11, he reminded us that Our God is a Just God, Holy and True and even though man may take this outward body NOTHING can take away what's living within it. Praise God! I n relation to all of this, I was led to write a short poem. May it be, I hope and pray, a comfort to others. Fear, doubt, and trouble, come in as a warring thunder. Where is that silver lining, beyond these dark, thick, clouds asunder? We look to what surrounds us, what is amongst, finding no line of silver, a question unconquered. Is this a hidden treasure, we must seek to find? With a sigh, we find a hidden place and a book of Holy, by our side. In past, this book had served, to