Skip to main content

Summer Harvest.

One of the things I love about living in the country is being able to have a garden, or should I say friends who have gardens! This past week, we were so thankful and blessed to have friends give us many different types of vegetables and fruits from there gardens!


One of my favorite fruits this year are these sweet, juicy, delicious, figs!


 
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willing with her hands. ~Proverbs 31:13

 I love this picture of my mom, she has taught me so much in the kitchen, one of my favorite recipes is her carrot salad! 

My mom made strawberry, fig preserves from an old recipe someone gave her. I have been trying to collect recipes from people, especially from those talented, and experienced sisters in the church, who are pretty much famous for there works! Haha!


 This is sugar-free fig preserves. Since I'm a diabetic, I'm always trying to find ways to make my favorite stuff healthier. Instead of sugar, I used honey for this recipe, turned out really well! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Thanksgiving.

 I love Fall.  The weather is just right,  the skies are bright blue,  and the leaves are all sorts of different colors! Thanksgiving is coming soon and I'm looking forward to it. I love the fact that its a day set aside to reflect on all the blessing we have in our lives! Sometimes its easy to forget all we have, especially when we get in the mind set that I won't be happy unless I have a new possession. These "things" will make you happy for a moment but they will eventually become old or out of style. We shouldn't look to material things to make us happy because they won't. We should be thankful for the things we already have. One thing we should be very thankful for is God's Word. His word is something we need to walk and live by everyday. Its a map to know what turns to take. The Bible sustains us, guides us, comforts us, strengthens us and so much more.  Joy and peace is there, waiting for us right on our book shelf. One of my favorite

Going Out West

I'm back! :) It has been such a long time since I've sat down and took some time to spend on my blog! Almost two years! Haha! With a list of excuses I could go through, I'll just cut to the chase and say I'm here and Lord willing, I hope to be posting more often. Going out west. Was SO amazing and a trip I'll never forget! Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada and ending in Oceanside, California I was blessed to meet some of my sweet brothers and sisters in Christ along with experiencing new things. The best part of this trip was I didn't travel alone! I flew out with three preachers; my dad, Elder Sam Bryant, and Elder Craig Blair. It was awesome, I really enjoyed listening to their conversations and learning a thing or two. ;) You may be wondering why I flew with three preachers, well the whole reason this trip to Las Vegas came about was because of a dear sweet group of people. Which I can now happily call, the members of Las Vegas Primitive Baptist Church! :)

Day 8: A picture that makes you laugh.

So I was having trouble trying to find a picture that makes me laugh...so I thought instead I would post a video that makes me laugh. I am, I guess you could say a Youtube fan! lol! some of my favorite videos to watch on youtube are by Glozell, shes very dramatic and usually does challenges to the extreme. A very popular comedian on youtube, she has already hit about 600,000 subscribers! Here is one my favorite videos by her, its called The Cinnamon Challenge.Makes me laugh every time! With the cinnamon challenge your suppose to try to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon, only glozell tries to use a soup spoon! :P Love ya Glozell!